We consider meal times to be a very important time for children, and those who attend full day sessions will join us for lunch. You can either buy a school meal or bring a packed lunch.
Our meals are cooked onsite at St Philip’s Marsh Nursery School by Marilyn Burke from Chartwells and they are extremely tasty. If your child has any dietary requirements, please let us know in advance. The latest menu is always available to view in reception.
It is really helpful if dinner money is paid weekly in advance to reception, either by cheque made payable to Bristol City Council, or cash. The administration of dinner money is very time consuming and the setting is not allowed to carry arrears. Reception staff will be able to help with any further enquiries you have about paying for school meals.
A school meal costs £2.00 per meal and lunch time is at 12:15 pm.
If your child is bringing a packed lunch, please remember the following points:
- Clearly label your child’s packed lunch box with their name.
- As some children have allergies please DO NOT includes nuts or nut products, such as Nutella, in your child’s lunch box.
- The School provides water for all children. Please DO NOT include fizzy drinks or any glass bottles. Cartons of fruit juice are acceptable.
- Food cannot be heated up on site, so please either bring food that can be eaten cold, or hot food provided in a insulated container.
- Grapes and small tomatoes are a choking hazard, therefore please cut these in half lengthways.
Click here for a link to some healthy packed lunch ideas.